Nov 23, 2009

Update: No More Freezing Babies

Ok, so who would have thought that 4 months ago Seth and I would STILL be living in my parent's basement? We sure didn't! I do have to say that living at home has been a journey. Mom and Wally have been really good to us. Everytime I feel it starts to get hard things like Saturday morning happen. Seth and I are in bed when we hear my mom outside my door "Who wants some hootenany pancakes for breakfast?"

Awesome breakfasts are a perk of living at home. As are awesome dinners, snacks, etc. Love you momma!

Although living in our own place would be ideal I am THANKFUL (it is Thanksgiving week afterall) that we have a lovely place to stay.

We have had some progress in the job hunt though. I am getting a lot of questions again about where we are at, so here you go. PLEASE do me a favor and don't share any of this with my boss, or she will continue asking me when she can post my job opening. HELLO! I don't even know if I am leaving yet. Arrrghh! So here are our options, in no particular order.

1. Tacoma - Seth has officially been offered a position in Tacoma. It was a very generous offer and we are excited at the thought of living there. Perks: Good pay, great location, near Seattle, I could find a nonprofit job there, did I mention near Seattle? Seriously though, how amazing is Gig Harbor? That is where the hospital is and this is where we would live. I think I'm in love.


Another great thing about Gig Harbor is that it is the perfect location for me to open up a children's bookstore, which is my dream. It's a ritzy place, lots of tourists and therefore perfect for my "Shop Around the Corner" esque bookstore.


The not so great things about this job: it's in ortho which Seth isn't too hyped on, we couldn't start until the end of January, which is a long time, it's near Tacoma (ghetto), rain (bad for Seth, perk for me), and an expensive cost of living. So there is Tacoma!

2. Salt Lake City - What what!? Salt Lake City? Becky and Seth may stay here? Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's true. We MIGHT stay in Utah. Seth had a 2nd interview at the Bone Marrow Clinic at LDS Hospital last week. Apparently they really liked him. Perks of staying here: Duh...seriously. It's obvious. Friends,
Family,
Job,


Oh and one of the biggest perks for Utah...we could move out as soon as we get the job (could be in a week?) Yeah! I have this thing about wanting to have our own house and Christmas tree for our first Christmas. I am making this a big deal! Moving out right away would be awesome. Also this job is the closest to what Seth wants to do for work.
Seth says to me a couple weeks ago, "You know, staying here wouldn't be so bad. All of our friends are here, all of our family is here, you have a great job, and we have a house here."
Me: Seriously? Yep. What part of "I have been telling you this for 2 years don't you understand?" That's why I love Seth though.

So the bad things about staying in Utah? Well, we were really excited thinking that we may move away. I think it would be an adventure. Also, the pay will be less here. I hate winter inversion, I hate the crazy politics, I hate the heat in the summer, and yep...that's about it.

3. Corvallis - Ok so Corvallis put us off for a month. I was begining to kind of hate them. Now however, we found out why. Seth didn't get the job there that he applied for. They offered it to another girl and they were waiting for an answer from her. HOWEVER...they love Seth. They were really impressed with him and asked if he would be interested in a general surgery or an urgent care position. Sure! Why not? We love Corvallis. Perks....Corvallis. We've discussed this right?



Not so good things about Corvallis: The timing! They better get moving on this. Maybe not the ideal job for Seth? Oh, they don't have a Target. There, I said it. I am not sure I can live without a Target!

Ok, so those are our options right now. Tacoma is on hold, we are crossing our fingers for LDS hospital and we'll see if Corvallis can get its butt into gear.
However, we did say NO to Minnesota. Sigh. I liked Minnesota. They offered the job, but it wasn't for nearly as much as Tacoma. I'll miss wearing my vikins hat, I'll miss the thought of working for Make-A-Wish there. But it's for the best. Plus, it is butt-ass cold there.
In the words of my mother, "Are you sure you want to move to Minnesota!? Your babies would freeze there!"
Phew - freezing babies? Crisis AVERTED!


Stay tuned for a blog about Grandpa. Who I am missing so much this week it hurts.











3 comments:

  1. Hooray! We made the blog! Fingers crossed that you stay here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out where you guys end up. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok wow. I'm glad you blog about this stuff because Seth is slacking on updating me. Sorry to hear about the neph group (sounds like it is better for everyone involved). So does this mean that you may be coming back to interview here for other jobs?!!!! Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

    ReplyDelete