Nov 13, 2009

Talking In My Sleep

Seth and I are in Deer Valley again for a week! Hooray! Oh, the best part of this is that his aunt (who owns the place) told us she would pay us $10 every time we went to church. We laughed it off. Whatever, it's funny. Well while in Minnesota last week we went to sacrament meeting, just to see what it was like. Turns out- it is exactly the same as church here.

Anyway we arrived at the house last night and saw a note with a $10 bill. "Becky & Seth, this is for going to church."


Ha! Can you say bribery?


Not sure that's going to be the swaying factor for us going back to church- but we laughed pretty hard - and then gave the money to his friend James for gas money.

Ok anyways, back to my story. I have been known to freak out in my sleep a few times a year. It usually involves me dreaming, and waking up, thinking I see a giant spider (and mean giant, like 12 inches in diameter) falling down above my bed. I always JUMP out of bed, turn on the light, and strip my bed. It always takes me about a minute to realize that I was dreaming and that there is not in fact a 12 inch spider coming at me.


I have warned Seth about this, and he has yet to experience it.


That is until last night....


This is how I remember things going down.


I wake up around 2:30, look up and think that a wooden beam is falling off the ceiling and about to land on me. It looked something like this.




I gasp, sit up, point to the ceiling and say "WHOA Seth look at the ceiling!"


Seth doesn't do much but mumble.


Then, I proceed to turn on the lamp next to our bed, and continue gazing at the ceiling in awe (and confusion).


Turns out a large wooden beam is not falling onto our bed. How peculiar!

Once the light is on Seth says "What are you doing? Turn off the light!"


Which I do.


I promptly start falling back asleep.


Seth says "Honey, what is up with the light and the ceiling? What is wrong with you?"


I say, "Oh I don't know. I thought it was falling on us. I do that sometimes."


Seth says, "Seriously? You just hullicanated that?"


Me, "I must have been dreaming."


Obviously.


And we went back to sleep.

Seriously, I am a freak show. It's amazing it hasn't happened before now.

AT LEAST it wasn't a spider dream because I would have turned on the lights, ripped the covers off of Seth and really freaked him out.





1 comment:

  1. I don't think Danny's family has thought about paying us to go to their church yet. Otherwise, they probably would have tried it by now :)

    ReplyDelete