Nov 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

Man, yesterday I was in a crap mood. I was cranky (I blame PMS), I was headachy, I was anxious, and just plain "off". I have decided that other than PMS I blame the full moon. Don't laugh! I am being serious. Sometimes the moon just throws me off. When I worked at the Christmas Box House we used to get more kids brought in than any other time of the month. It's true people, don't mess with the moon and your menstral cycle. Bad Pizza.


Today I feel better. Seth and I are staying up in Deer Valley at his aunt's place. It is super nice and really great to have a little alone time. Last night I came home and he had made a delicious pork loin for dinner. How great is my husband?

So here are some random thoughts, things to keep you entertained.

First, I saw a guy driving a Porche and smoking a cigar while driving down Parley's Canyon. Seriously, how much more "Park City" can you get than that? Dude, that guy was LOVIN' LIFE. You know he wakes up every morning and says (please once again read this in Seth's rich man voice)... "My life is freaking fantastic..muuuwwwahhhhh ha ha". I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, just so you could see his fluffy hair, bad hawaiian shirt and his cell phone. It was awesome.



Second, today is election day! Woot woot! Ok, in all honesty I have no idea who is even running today. What I do know is that on my commute to work I made it a point to honk and wave at all the volunteers holding signs on the street for thier candidate. It would make them so happy that I would acknowledge them. Ah, democracy, gotta love it. Also, Make-A-Wish is a polling place today. I keep catching "old lady" perfume scent wafting down the hall. Love the old voters. Way to go!

It's crazy to think that last year we elected this guy...


Did you guys know I am a liberal?

Really, last year was great. I love big election years. I loved all the hoopla leading up to the election. I loved the debates, the pundits, the issues, the fights, the drama (ahem, Pallin). I loved it all.

Obama, you're the man. I still love you. Way to introduce diplomacy back into our country! Way to tackle health care (something will pass!)...way to win the Nobel Peach Prize (wtf!?)...
Way to help bring the economy up for some air. I hope it lasts! I know you haven't done a perfect job but I think you are on the right track. I still think you are a bad ass and I am glad you are my President.

Third, job update. Ugh, stupid Corvallis was supposed to tell us last Friday if Seth got the job. They called yesterday to say "we are still trying to make a decision, we'll let you know by the middle of next week."


NEXT WEEK!?


Are you effing kidding me!?

Ok, I am starting to think that moving in November is not going to happen. We better be moving in December or I am going to freak the hell out. I really really want to have my own house, my own Christmas tree, etc. This is another reason that I had a bad day, to add to PMS and full-moon excuses.
Finally, on my way to work, "Ease On Down the Road" came onto my iPod. For those of you who don't know I was obsessed with The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. I mean, obsessed. Still am in a way ... as is evidenced by my awesome costume this weekend...


Well part of my obsession led to an obsession with "The Wiz" aka...the black Wizard of Oz. Have you guys seen this movie? It is so awesome and has an all-star cast! Michael Jackson (may he rest in peace), Diana Ross and Richard Pryor. The funny thing about this is that I have never actually seen the end of this movie. I had a tape of the movie that we recorded off the TV so I don't know the ending. Sad.


Anyway the best song from the show is MJ singing "Ease on Down the Road". I found the lyrics quite applicable today.


'cause there maybe times
When you think you lost your mind
And the steps you're takin'
Leave you three, four steps behind
But the road you're walking
Might be long sometimes
You just keep on steppin'
And you'll just be fine, yeah





Dear Wiz -


I love you and I will keep stepping...until we figure out where the hell we will be landing. Oh, but why does the scarecrow have a clown nose? WTF?


Love - me




ps- how cute is this picture? I finally got the digital negatives of my wedding pictures.






1 comment:

  1. One of my coworkers always tells me how she and her dog both go crazy when there's a full moon. You're not the only one!

    Also, I saw your wedding pics on Facebook, and they are so gorgeous! Still loving your dress.

    ReplyDelete