Dec 7, 2009

A Christmas Weight Problem

Ok - seriously, we need to talk. First of all, I need to apologize for the lack of blogging last week. I felt guilty for not keeping up with my "two a week" blog goal. I do have to say that I have loads of ideas running through my brain right now so I will probably write several times this week.


Back to the holiday weight. I am about 5 pounds heavier than I was for the wedding.

It's true. I know this isn't a HUGE deal - but my clothes are a bit tight - and I am mad about it.
I have been a gym maniac lately. I went 6 out of 8 days during Thanksgiving. I am back up to running 4.5 - 5 miles, I am doing weights, doing yoga, etc.... I burn about 500 calories every time I go to the gym. It takes burning 3,500 calories to lose a pound. So - you do the math! Takes me 7 trips to the gym to lose 1 pound. I hate everything.

But then I got to thinking last night.

Uh - maybe THIS is why you are 5 pounds heavier than you were 2 months ago...


What!? If your Grandma handed you a whisk full of divinity - you would eat it too. The weight gain may also have something to do with the bowl of peppermint icecream that I insist on eating (with hot fudge) EVERY NIGHT. Oh man - it's like a train wreck.



Damn you peppermint ice-cream! Damn you (shaking fist).

I have determined that I will not be losing the 5 pounds this month. Going to the gym will simply allow me to eat my nightly peppermint ice-cream without gaining 5 more pounds. That's my plan and I am sticking to it!

So on Saturday we had a baking day with all the girls in the family. We made 2 kinds of fudge, 3 kinds of carmel, sugar cookies, divinity, puffed rice balls...and I made cupcakes - my specialty.


Look how cute they turned out!



My favorite part of the day was when my cute Grandma stuck her finger in her mouth when she got a drop of black food coloring on her finger. This was the result...



HA! I am so glad that she sacrificed her teeth for her finger. It made for a good laugh. We all love her so much.

On my way to our baking party I stopped at the store to buy my supplies. I went to check out and realized that I was buying the following:

-Cake mix


-Vanilla icing

-Fruit Roll Ups

-Twizzlers


-M&M's


AND...


Acid medicine. Yep - the cashier laughed at me and I laughed at myself.


What!?



I have an acid problem and instead of managing what I eat - I pop the pills!



Can you really expect me to NOT eat these treats?


Sigh - I suppose my "operation lose 5 pounds" won't begin until January 1st. Just like the rest of the world.


Happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. The peppermint ice cream has gotten you??!! I am eating it EVERY night too! Why WHY does it have to be so good. Looks like you had a fun day with all your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I am laughing so hard at the picture of Denise. TOO funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peppermint creamer and peppermint ice cream are like the perfect bookends to a winter day. Your cupcakes are precious, as are the pics of your fam. You are still too cute for words, five pounds or not, so I say don't worry about it and just enjoy the season.

    Hugs,
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellee - it's true! I have peppermint creamer every morning with my coffee and then ice-cream at night. It's like a train wreck.

    6 pounds and counting. Doh!

    Krista - Isn't grandma the best?

    ReplyDelete