Jan 21, 2014

Current Obsessions

Oh dreary polluted January.  You are really getting me down.  What better way to try and distract myself from your misery - than to blog about current obsessions.  Let us begin.

1.  Lipstick- Here's the thing about lipstick. It's awesome.  You can wear no makeup, throw on a bright shade and you look stylish.  I credit my friend Meili for helping me branch out and wear something other than the samples I get in my Clinique Bonuses.  This shade is from the brand Urban Decay, color Bang.  I wanted something a bit orange and think I found a good option.  


2. Anthropologie Candle - I love lighting candles, especially during the holidays.  I find that in January I want to keep the candles burning but I struggle with the scent.  No more pumpkin, peppermint, cinnamon type flavors.  However really citrusy smelling candles and summer scents don't seem right either.  Enter the greatest candle on the planet.  The Capri Blue Jar Candle is amazing.  You know that awesome smell that hits you as soon as you walk into an Anthropologie?  Well this is it.  I have it lit now and it's perfect.  And a totally sexy design too.


3. Birchbox - I recently heard about this program called Birchbox.  Basically you pay $10 a month and this company sends you samples of products.  It's pretty fun and few things make me happier than receiving a beautiful box each month.  Today I opened my box and had some face wash, hand cream, tea and a color changing nail polish.  So awesome.  Wanna try it out?
4. "Her" - I don't see a lot of movies these days.  I always feel like there are 4-5 movies in the theaters that I am dying to see.  I used to be an "opening night" kind of movie goer.  It's been an adjustment since becoming a mom.  Anyway, I had the need to get out and went and saw "Her" on Saturday night.  This movie completely blew me away.  Everything about it is perfect.  The tone, the plot, the actors, the humor, the pain, the music, everything.  In fact, I'm pretty sure my next serious blog post will have to do with this movie. Please I beg you, go see this movie.  I can't stop thinking and talking about this brilliant work of art. Watch the trailer!


5. The Bachelor - Ok so moving on from a really great work of art, to a total crap work of art.  Hello, my name is Becky and I'm a Bacheloraholic.  This show has been around for what?  12 years?  And I have watched all but 2 seasons.  Pathetic but awesome.  This show is such a train wreck but I adore it. I love that I have a group of friends that will get together on Monday nights to watch. I love that we can barely hear what is being said because we are laughing and mocking it so much. I love mocking the contestants.  I love the "bachelor phrases" and the predictability of the show.  It's great.  And I love Juan Pablo.  Good times all around and probably the only great thing to come from January.


6. Corepower Yoga - I am a huge yoga person.  I realized that I have been practicing fairly regularly since 2006.  I've had my ups and downs with yoga classes.  And then I was introduced to Corepower Yoga.  Life changing.  This is the greatest yoga I have found.  It's hot yoga, but not Bikram hot.  It's flow yoga, fast moving and set to music.  The studios are lovely.  The teachers are fantastic.  Most of the time I think to myself "Oh man, I really should go to yoga this week."  Since discovering Corepower I am going as often as I can.  I sweat my face off during these hour classes.  I'm getting stronger, I'm losing weight, I have less headaches and tension.  Really it's perfect for me. I willingly wake up at 5:30am  and get in a freezing cold car to go to these classes.  It's that good.  If you are at all yoga-inclined I highly recommend trying this studio.  The first week is free.  Find info here.
7. Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup - I found this recipe on Pinterest and it sounded delicious.  Good news, it is delicious!  It's a nice twist on your basic chicken noodle soup.  The lemon and the orzo are a great change. It's easy to make, just requires a bit of chopping.  It's an ideal winter food. It's light, healthy and perfect for your inversion filled day.  Find the recipe here.



8. This Picture of Jon Hamm - No explanation needed.  This is my background on my work computer.  Every morning it brings a smile to my face to see this.  Hey Jon Hamm.  How you doin?



That's all for now.  The good news is that January is nearly over.  Then it's onto February and that means the inversion will only be around about a month more!  Cough cough.  






1 comment:

  1. Reading this list made me happy, and has inspired me to do something similar. (Blatant rip-off is the sincerest form of flattery, right?) Loving the new layout, BTW.

    ReplyDelete