Jan 13, 2012

January 12th, 2012

Here we are again. A new year - a new 12X12 photo project. I wasn't going to do this but my dear friend Meili reminded me how great it would be to document Millie's first year. So here we are. Last year I relied on Meili to format these pictures into a fancy grid for me. Well this year I am not going to put the pics in a fancy grid. I'm a rebel. (I just don't have photoshop or cool program to edit them). Please pretend these are being presented to you in a fancy way.

1. Being 9 months pregnant has it's ups and downs. A down is swollen face, feet and hands. Seriously my hands get so swollen that they actually get numb. I haven't been able to write for days. My hands get numb when I am cooking, sleeping, drying my hair, cleaning, etc. You get the picture.
2. It seems that all of my food ends up on my tummy. Wearing a white shirt while consuming Costa Vida is surely a hazard. The napkin helped.


3. I am so in love with Millie's nursery. We have just a few more things to do to finalize it but I love it. Sometimes I just go sit in it and look at her stuff. Why can't she be here now!?

4. Today I had the pleasure of getting a prenatal massage. My back was killing me and this was really a little piece of heaven. Celeste is a miracle worker - and comes to your house! You like my giant new sectional!? Please ignore the pink blinds. We haven't replaced those quite yet.


5. They don't call me "The Lion" for nothing. This is what happens when you curl your hair and then get a head massage. Yowza! Man I would have been so hot in the 80s!

6. This my friends, is a clean basement. For years this basement has served as a space for our renters. We recently took it over but for 2 months it has been covered in construction dust and mess. We didn't redo this but dang is nice to have it clean again!


7. Seth worked until 10:00pm tonight. I decided now that the house was clean that I was going to relax all night. And I did. I never take a whole night off but I needed it. I didn't cook dinner or anything (well I made a sandwich). I read, I watched TV, I read some more. It was lovely.

8. Oh I did wash my fish bowl. This is Buddy & Jovi. I won them as white elephant gifts in December. I love fish. I haven't had the heart to get new fish since Lewis died. He was a really good fish. These goldfish don't really like me. I think they are terrified of me. I won't be too sad when they die. Look at Buddy staring at me with the stink eye!

9. This is what it looks like to be 9 months pregnant. Holy crap. Big old baby - in there. I can't even remember what it feels like to not have a giant belly.

10. Seth's home! After working 15 hours he finally made it. Here is our new piece of heaven. The chaise lounge.

11. One of our favorite new hobbies - Harry Potter Lego game. It's amazing. I never thought I would love a video game so much.



12. Bed time. Tube Bunny lives upstairs and now that we have finished our downstairs he was telling us how neglected he feels. So we brought him to bed. Good old Tubbie.

That was a pretty boring day. However I think it'll be quite telling to see how drastically our lives are going to change by February 12th. I don't think Harry Potter Lego will be in the cards much longer.

3 comments:

  1. Best hair pic, awesome belly pic! Good luck in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to see that giant belly of yours, and especially to make awkward comments about it. :) Love you, Beck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! That nursery is ADORABLE! Way to go! I used to go and sit in Izzy's nursery all the time. I would rock in the glider and read. I still love her room. You'll be happy you have that picture of your naked belly. It is really crazy to look back on those.

    ReplyDelete