Jun 13, 2010

Dear Grandpa

Dear Grandpa -

Today Seth and I woke up and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. It was a perfectly sunny day and we decided it was time to fine tune our golf game. We headed over to the golf course - hit some balls (the only time I can prove to be a decent golfer - and always give you the credit). I practiced pitching and even practiced putting (still horrible at it). I bought a new golf glove and used the clubs you gave grandma. Oh and I even signed us up for golf lessons. It was good.


After golfing we stopped at the co-op for some Gelato. It was delicious and very Italian. Of course no golf can really be complete without a "cold adult beverage". We settled for a raspberry wheat beer that was "a mighty fine adult beverage".After wandering around trying to decide what to cook we settled on tortellini soup. It wasn't exactly what you made, this one had watercress and chicken stock with fresh parmesan. It was delicious. It was very light, very fresh and amazing. Good for you too!

Now we are watching sports. Seth actually was the one to say, "Your grandpa would be proud. This was his idea of a perfect day."

And it was - it really was. Sometimes I still miss you so much that it hurts. Today was one of those days. I'm sorry I never went golfing with you. I hope you are teaching me now though - maybe guiding a stray putt - or lightly correcting my swing. Every good shot I give credit where credit is due. To you.

I miss you today on my perfect Grandpa day. It was also a Sunday. Even better.

Love you Beetle.

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome Becky (brought a tear to my eyes). I have to agree you & Seth had a perfect day and grandpa would have been proud. Way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought a tear to my eyes too Becky! Your broski

    ReplyDelete