Mar 11, 2010

Just Enjoying Life!

Well lesson learned! My last blog post was a bit depressing and I didn't get one comment. Well, from now on I will try and focus on more positive/witty posts. I apologize for that.

This week I am feeling better. I am starting to feel like I am getting my head above water at work. The house is in order - and Seth and I are trying to make it through the stresses. Today I am wearing yellow - which makes me happy. A psychic told me that yellow is MY color and that I should wear it often. Hum. I can't help but wonder why a psychic would talk to me about good colors for me?


I apologize for being so down - and hopefully I have moved out of my funk!

Now - onto the real reason for my blog.

Those of you who know Seth know that one of his favorite expressions is, "I am just enjoying my time." or "I am just enjoying life!"
These sentences usually come up when I get on him for being 15 minutes late to dinner. "Honey I didn't want to leave. Why should anyone be upset if I am late? I am just enjoying my time!"
Seth is really big into enjoying his time. It's true. I think he enjoys his time more than anyone I know.


I am pretty sure that in my wedding vows I promised to let him enjoy his time. So far I think I have failed several times.
Ok a lot.
Sorry honey.
The latest discussion of Seth enjoying his time has stemmed from the fact that Seth wakes up over an hour earlier than I do. This would normally not be a big deal. The master bathroom has a door so he can go in - shut the door and get ready - all while I stay asleep.

Right?













Wrong.

Emily, Timms, Mom & Wally (as well as any other former roommates of Seth) can attest to Seth's morning version of "enjoying his time". When Seth is happy he sighs loudly - in a happy way - not an annoyed way. The following scenario plays out every morning.


Seth goes to the bathroom: "Ahhhhhhhhhhh"

Seth steps in the shower: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Seth gets out of the shower: "Ahhhhhhhhhhh........... phewwwwwwwwww"

Seth brushes his teeth: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
You get the idea.

Now also include random whistling, singing of various rock ballads, and loud stretching noises - and you get the idea even more!

Sleeping an extra hour while Seth is getting ready. Ha! Right!


I brought this up to Seth the other night and he gave me his usual speech, "Honey! I am just enjoying my time. I am loving life. Don't you want me to love my life?"
I of course retorted, "Not if it interfers with ME loving love and enjoying my time - by sleeping."











I am a mean wife......


But I have been able to sleep in the morning a bit easier since this conversation.


I do love Seth. I love how much he simply "enjoys his time"









I hope to enjoy as much time with him as I can.

7 comments:

  1. Becky, you are so cute! I love that Seth (though I have never met him) loves to enjoy his time. If there is one lesson I have learned, the hard way mind you, is that we all need to enjoy what time we are given and most of all LOVE like you have never loved the ones around you because you really dont know how much time you are given to "enjoy". Great post, I loved it. Kori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of you and Seth. And I love your sad posts as well as your happy posts. You're just a good writer, so I always enjoy reading your blog. I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be enjoying life when you see what I sent you for your b-day! It was my idea, don't let Sean take the credit. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! We miss you guys! - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earplugs have saved my marriage. Promise!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I miss you guys, even the singing in the morning and Ms Grumpy pants and her "alone time." :)

    I will come up soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't miss the singing in the morning. Might I suggest some sort of sleep machine to drown out the noise? I mean, I'm all for people being happy in the mornings, but sometimes their happiness leads to my punching people in the face.

    That being said... I really do miss you guys too.

    ReplyDelete