Sep 25, 2009

A Tale of Morning Hair

I have many nicknames among my friends, one of which is Lion. I have really fine hair but I also have A LOT of it. Needless to say when I wake up in the morning my hair is crazy. It is 80's rocker chick Pat Benatar crazy. I have never been the girl that can get up, run a brush through my hair and go. Nope. I need to tame the lion. It is quite annoying and frustrating to be honest with you.


It wasn't too long ago that the following story occurred with Seth:

It was early one morning. Seth was awake and trying to slowly wake me up (I am a major grumpy pants in the morning). Now I should preface this by saying Seth loves to snuggle. I mean...full body spooning, all night long. If he wakes up in the middle of the night and isn't right next to me, fully spooning me, he'll quickly remedy it.



This has taken me 4&1/2 years to get used to. Anyway, back to the story. Seth was trying to ease me awake like he usually does. He was lightly caressing my face, kissing me and rubbing my back. He slowly brushed my hair out of my eyes, tucked it behind my ear and said "Honey, you are so beautiful, even though you look like Patrick Swayze in the morning.




Thus ended our romantic morning. I was wide awake and my Patrick Swayze hair was in the shower before he knew it! In Seth's defense, my hair does look a lot like this awesome picture. RIP Patrick! We'll miss you!

3 comments:

  1. awesome. Oddly enough on the times you and I have had sleepovers I don't remember you being so romantic. Then again - maybe it's because I didn't cuddle enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men always know the perfect thing to say to make us feel great about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't quit laughing. Hahaha! Ashes

    ReplyDelete