Dec 26, 2012

December 12th

Oh hey December 12th.  I forgot about you.  Well, I didn't forget about you. For one thing, you sucked.  You were one of the worst days of the year for me.  For another thing, it's Christmas and I haven't had time to adequately blog about how much you sucked.

In fact you sucked so much that I only took 6 of the 12 pictures I was supposed to take. I considered cheating and taking more on the 13th of December.  But then you got the best of me.  You sucked and I shall document your crapiness.

1. It looks like Christmas threw up in my office.  Yep, that is 1000 Holiday Cards signed by the staff of KUER.  Guess who gets to make sure they all get sent?  This girl!


2. I have an addiction to nose spray. I am not proud of this.  I was clean for several months and then I got the cold from hell and after 2 sleepless nights, gave in and bought more.  That stuff is bad news.  I was so congested from taking it too much that I had to stage an intervention. The other nose spray I bought is just a sugar spray.  It helps.


3. I was miserably unhappy today. I won't go into details - family stuff - but it all worked itself out.  I was just incredibly down.  Clearly.


4. I took a break mid-day to go to get my eyebrows waxed at my sister-in-law's salon. It's not really painful.  And I know how much Kathryne hates getting her picture taken so I just decided to take a picture of a tiny bit of solace in this shitty day.


5. I was invited to a cookie exchange but I needed to do a trial run before making 10 dozen (yes 10 dozen) cookies.  These are peppermint crinkle cookies. My sister needed to bake cookies for a church activity that night. Nice to kill two birds with one stone.


6. I finally got home.  Took care of the baby since Seth was working late and crawled into bed at this exact time (after taking 2 Benadryls). I didn't eat dinner.  This never happens.  That's when you know I have had a crap day.


So there you have it.  I figured this was the most authentic way to document December 12th.  Not every day is full of sunshine and giggle.  Some days are just hard.  But you move on.  You wake up the next day and hope that things will be better.  And this time, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment