Jul 12, 2010

Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmmm?

The last few weeks have been interesting and busy. I spent 4 days working the MS Bike Tour in Logan and saw a couple signs that made me go "Oh boy...."

First Example:

Really? Really small town Utah? Or should I say "Really sign maker?" Can't we have someone check for grammar before we make a sign for the world to see? I giggled and giggled over this one.

Second Example:


I really wanted to walk in and say, "Hey can I get a coke even if I am a Methodist?" This made me laugh - talk about wearing your religion on your sleeve (or should I say sign?)
Third Example:


Yes this car dealership exists in Boise. I like to think about the discussion that took place when trying to decide the name of this used car lot.

"Why don't we call it Reliable Bob's?"

"Well would that be misleading? I mean we will be selling USED cars which as we know aren't always too reliable."
"That's true. Ha ha ha, maybe we call it Fairly Reliable Bobs? Ha ha ha!"

"That's a genius idea!"
"Oops"

Final Example


Hey McCall, I have been turned off so many times from eating at this restaurant due to the name. Why not just say, "Hey come on in and have a bite, we'll make your big behind even bigger!"

Plus this just makes me think of "Stand By Me" when they start chanting "Lard ass lard ass lard ass!" to this kid...


That doesn't make you want to go to a restaurant very much does it?

More blogging to come - I have really slacked on the blogging lately. I apologize!

3 comments:

  1. I've missed your blogging! Your post is hilarious as usual. I don't know how people come up with the names they come up with. Lardos? Ugh that sounds so gross. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you spelled grammar wrong. HA! ;)

    Lardos = bleh

    See you next week! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! It took me a while to figure out the L.D.S sign. I kept saying "LD's?" I guess when you don't live in Utah, you forget how prevalent it is.

    Big hugs,
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete