May 7, 2010

Inspiration?

Well I am facing a major problem right now. For days and days I have tried to come up with something witty and/or funny to blog about. I got nothing. I actually drove 9 hours by myself last weekend which usually breeds many fun ideas for my blog. Again, nothing. I feel like Carrie Bradshaw when she tries writting her "men as socks" column.

This really started to bother me. I have decided that I need a little more inspiration in my life. Right now my life consists of working (alot and alone), exercising, cooking dinner, watching TV and going to bed. In the mix throw in paying bills, trying to find a house to buy, trying to get an apartment rented, etc. There isn't a lot more than that on a regular basis. This is pretty much it.

I told Timms this week that I am lacking inspiration - so much so that I don't even want to do any of my animal drawings - and that is saying SOMETHING.


This however is a 15 second elephant that I drew just for illulstrative purposes.

I feel like anything that I try cooking turns out badly. I don't think it is "me" per-se but the recipe but I still feel very uninspired. Even making cute cupcakes have been off my radar - due to my last horrible attempt at cupcakes.



These were supposed to be "popcorn cupcakes" that I made the night I watched The Oscars. I haven't tried anything since. You understand.

Work is another place I am lacking inspiration. Right now I am just trying to stay above water. It's weird working alone. Really weird. It's weird sitting in silence so often. It's hard trying to do something as simple as "making a deposit" when you are still trying to figure out the ins and outs of your job.

It's also weird not working for Make-A-Wish, a place as we know that leaks inspiration at every turn.




There is definitely inspiration in the MS Society - it's just not as in your face as it was at Make-A-Wish. I think my walk next week will inspire me.

I have some ideas on how to breed inspiration. Maybe I should sign up for an art class and really hone my awesome animal drawing skills? Maybe I can take a ballroom dance class with Seth? I just don't know.

Here's where you come in:

1. Tell me what inspires you. And maybe I'll try it!

2. Give me an idea on what to blog about. That will get the creative juices flowing right?


Help!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously!? Have a baby. The problem is WAY too obvious - you just simply have way too much time on your hands. Have a baby and you'll never run out of things to say or do that inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just been through three of the biggest changes a person can go through (marrage, moving, getting a new job) give yourself a break. Allow yourslef to vent and to be cranky sometimes. Just know that this is a phase in your life and that it will go away, it just takes time. Until then, things that help me are writting in my journle, going running, rock clibming, reading books...just find out what works for you. Don't worry you will get your inspiration back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had something witty and/or funny to suggest, but I find myself in the same boat as you. Bleh, inspriation...

    Maybe blog about RDJ? Mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever heard of morning pages? It's a concept that has helped me a lot. It's from the book The Artist's Way

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete