Jun 28, 2011

Facebook as a Colt

Today I was once again smiling/cringing while reading the Facebook status updates of my little sister. It's cute and part of me can relate to what she is feeling. Or should I say part of me used to relate to what she is feeling. Once again I was struck with an overwhelming gratitude that Facebook didn't exist when I was a teenager. On my drive home I started thinking about what I would have been like in the world of Facebook during high school and decided I would post some of the status updates that I would have likely posted. So - I present to you - Becky Avery circa 1996-1999.


Becky is super excited for play practice on Saturday!


Becky is BEST DAY EVAHHHH! Early morning play practice, Blake breaking the glass in the auditorium, back rubs by Berg, McDonald nuggets and snowball fight!


Becky is sad. Why does he like her more than me!?!? I am so heart broken!!


Becky is "I AM THE BEAST!"


Becky is super excited for the football game tonight. CHIGA CHIGA!!!!


Becky is (insert any cheesy seminary quote once copied on a sticky inside my scriptures)


Becky is thinking that she can be a Fagan's boy as good as the actual boys in "Oliver"!


Becky is A+ at state! Cottonwood Mads are the best!!!!


Becky is pissed. It says alto solo not EFFING SOPRANO SOLO!


Becky is "Sensitivity Sensitivity I'm just loaded with that...."


Becky is ready for her 10am Subway run and Boyd better not steal it or I will be one angry girl!


Becky is stressed about Chemistry - who is going to help me with my homework (aka cheat) during lunch?!!?


Becky is "You've got the most STUMBLING blue eyes!?!" That doesn't even make any sense!


Becky is wondering who will get the duck on the California trip.


Becky is please please please please please let him ask me to prom!


Becky is going to bully Timms during Crucible rehearsal today - muuuwwahhhahahaha!


Becky can't be sexual with Jon McBride - he's like my brother!


Becky is SPAZ UNO IS THE BEST THING EVER! HA HA HA!


Becky is four queens forever!


Ah yes, lets be glad. Lets be glad this didn't exist.




2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sooooo glad facebook wasn't around during our high school days! (I forgot how pissed you guys were about that "alto solo", HAHA!). Here's what most of mine would have said...

    Tara is worried that someone's feelings were hurt today...

    or

    Tara is going to be super nice to everyone today!

    It's such a relief to be old and ornery now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sides HURT I'm laughing so much.

    I tried to explain spaz uno to someone the other day, and they did NOT look at me like it's the funnest game ever... they just stared blankly. bastard.

    ALTO SOLO....

    love

    ReplyDelete