Sep 30, 2010

Why Zach Braff Is Dead To Me

The other day I heard a song from the movie Garden State.


I thought fondly of the movie and how much great music was packed into it. I remembered being excited watching such an original and quirky show. I remebered Zach Braff and how I thought he seemed really cool. He seemed like the kind of guy that wasn't like a normal celebrity. I pictured a down-to-earth guy that didn't let celebrityism get the best of him. I realize now how wrong I was.


Ladies & Gentleman I now present the story of why Zach Braff is dead to me.

Jump back with me will you - to the spring of 2007. I had just completed my first event at Make-A-Wish and was desperate for a vacation. I convinced a few friends to head to St. George & Las Vegas for the weekend. Me, Seth, Britney, Sean, Emily and James packed it up and headed down to Southern Utah.

We spent the night at Grandma & Grandpa's winter place. Looking back I am so glad that we did. I loved Grandpa preparing a great Italian pasta dinner for us (and breakfast in the morning). They were fine with 6 people crashing in their place. I love them for it.

The next day we woke up and headed to Vegas for the day. We spent time wandering the strip, eating at The Paris buffet, shopping, etc. Seth played poker and won a bunch of money. Finally toward the end of the night we decided to check out the Bellagio. Cause, all the celebrities are there right?

Turns out we were correct!

While wandering through the black jack tables we happened to see Zach Braff. I thought, "Oh cool! I kind of love him!" The best part was that no one else seemed to notice he was there - along with Turk from Scrubs.



You know Turk right? Another celebrity that I would expect to be cool in real life. Unfortuntely his role in the story ends here.


We stood around and stared for awhile and then most of my friends got bored and walked away.



But not me.

Nope. I am not afraid of celebrities and by damn I was going to walk up to Zach and ask to have my picture with him!

Problem was I didn't want to interrupt his game. I am cool enough to know that that would potentially be annoying.


So I waited -


I waited behind the shadows of the slot machines.


A bit creepy and stalker like - I know. But I really didn't want to be one of those annoying girls that runs screaming up and says "Zach Zach! I love you! OMG I am so excited. Will you sign my boobs!?"


I waited for oh 15 minutes I would guess?


Finally Zach stands up!
I start to walk toward him.


Damn - he is talking to a really pretty girl! Look at me! I am 10 pounds overweight and have no sense of style (especially for a night out in Las Vegas). Clearly I am not looking my "just about to meet a hot young celebrity" best.

Too late though, I am on my way so I have to stick with this.
I continue my trek to Zach...

Oh good, he stopped talking to model-esqe girl. Now is my chance!


I walk quickly up to him - camera ready.



Right when I get to the table, Zach turns around and sits back down.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................................


I realize this is bad. But it's too late now. I am standing about a foot behind him. I can't just turn around and walk away.

I take a deep breath, swallow hard, and tap on his shoulder.

"Hey Zach, would you mind if I got a picture with you?"


Zach proceeds to stiffen and without even turning to look at me (in hindsight I am glad he didn't look at me) he says in a really annoyed and snooty voice - and I quote.


"Now is not a goodtime SWEETheart - I am gambling!"


I stand there shocked for a moment. Then quickly feel the blood rush to my face and turn quickly to walk away. Back to my friends. Back to people that loved me. Back to friends that were dressed equally as "blah" as me. Back to friends that were laughing.

Whatever Zach Braff. You are lame. I expected so much more from a man who introducted me to Frou Frou, the Thievery Corporation, the Shins and the like.


You are dead to me Zach Braff. Dead to me!

Don't act all annoyed - you brought this on yourself!


Coming soon from the blog of Becky - why Conan O'Brien is NOT dead to me. The other celebrity story I have in my arsenal - and it's a good one.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I don't like Zach Braff at all either. Did you ever see him get Punk'd? He was such a jerk (in fact, I'm surprised that he signed the release for it to be aired, because it made him look so bad). I haven't liked him ever since. Lame that he wouldn't take a picture with you. I'd take Conan over Zach any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I still have the picture of Turk and Braff sitting at the poker table together. And what a letdown that Zach is such a d-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love (hate) your Braff post, it's time for an update! :)

    ReplyDelete