Feb 11, 2015

My Dear Matilda

My sweet little Matilda,

You are set to arrive in less than two months now.  It's hard to believe that we will have another little girl in our lives in such a short amount of time.  We are so excited to meet you!  I know I haven't been the best mom to date. I know I wasn't 100% ready to get pregnant again. I know I was scared to watch my body and world transform again. I know I have largely not enjoyed being pregnant this time around. I have eaten cold cuts, had a good amount of coffee, the occasional 1/2 glass of wine and eaten my eggs sunny-side up.  I know I have way more anxiety facing your arrival than I ever did with Millie. I am nervous about the sleepless nights, how Millie will react to no longer being the center of attention, and how I will possibly manage another child. But, sweet Matilda, you are just as loved and just as wanted as your sister.  Momma loves you and can't wait to meet you.  Millie is ready to help you learn and show you the ropes as a Youkstetter.  Your daddy is elated to add another girl to his world.  We all are.  You are going to make our family complete and whole.

I have some pretty concrete ideas on what you are going to be like.  I anticipate a even-tempered, shy and mellow little girl. I expect you to be a momma's girl.  A cuddler.  Probably a little more clingy than I will be ready for. I expect you to temper your strong-willed older sister and to relax your high-strung mother.  And just like Millie you will have daddy wrapped around your little finger in no time. I think you will be a brunette and look more like a Youkstetter than an Avery. You will be just as beautiful as your sister, but in an entirely different way.

Whatever you are, whoever you will be, and no matter what you look like, you will be loved.  I can't wait to see how my heart grows when I meet you.  I can't wait to see you interact with your daddy and play with your sister. I can't wait to sing to you, kiss your feet and smell you.  I can't wait to rock and nurse you in those quiet hours of the night. I can't wait to see your first smile and hear your first laugh.  I can't wait to teach you and I can't wait to have you teach me.  Because that's really what this life is about.  Allowing those around us to mold us into better versions of ourselves.  You will be remarkable.  I love you.  We love you.  We can't wait to have you here as part of our family.



Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment